Freelancing is a great way to make money on your own terms, but it can be difficult to get started if you don't know where to start. We will discuss some essential resources that every freelancer needs. These resources will help you find clients, manage your projects, and stay organized and productive. Let's get started!
1. A Portfolio Website: Having an online portfolio is essential for any freelancer. It not only allows you to showcase your work and skills, but it also serves as a marketing tool that will help you find new clients. There are many platforms available to create a portfolio website, such as Squarespace, Wix, WordPress, and more.
2. Job Boards: Job boards are one of the best ways to find freelance work. These sites list gigs from companies who need specific services or projects done by freelancers. Popular job boards include Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, and PeoplePerHour among others.
3. Time Tracking Software: Time tracking software helps keep track of how much time you spend on each project. This is important because it allows you to accurately bill your clients and ensure that you get paid for the work you do. Popular tools include Toggl, RescueTime, and Harvest.
4. Invoicing Software: Invoicing software makes it easy to generate invoices for your freelance jobs. It also helps keep track of payments and remind clients about overdue invoices. Popular tools include FreshBooks, QuickBooks, and Wave Accounting.
5. Communication Tools: Communication is essential when working with clients as a freelancer, so having the right tools can make a big difference. Email is still the primary form of communication but there are other options such as Slack or Skype.
6. Project Management Software: Project management software helps keep track of tasks, deadlines, and progress on different projects. It also makes it easier to collaborate with clients and team members. Popular tools include Asana, Trello, and Basecamp.
7. File Storage Service: Having a reliable file storage service is crucial for any freelancer. This allows you to easily store documents and files that need to be sent to clients or shared with team members. Popular options include Dropbox and Google Drive.
8. A Business Bank Account: Opening up a separate business bank account can help make your freelance finances more organized since you will have one account dedicated solely for your business activities such as invoices, payments, expenses, etc.
9. Tax Software: As a freelancer, it is important to be aware of tax laws and regulations and make sure that you are filing your taxes correctly. There are several software options available such as TurboTax or H&R Block which can help with filing your taxes more efficiently.
10. Networking: Networking is key when it comes to freelance success, so it's important to grow your network of contacts who may be able to refer potential clients or introduce you to other freelancers in the industry. Joining networking events or online communities can help widen your reach and increase your chances of success.
11. How To Find Legitimate Work-From-Home Jobs: Sharon Walsh (studenteducator.org) has drawn our attention to the Maryville University, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. article How to Find Legit Work-From-Home-Jobs. Thank you, Sharon. You can read the article by clicking HERE. This prompted us to do some further research:
Finding a legitimate work-from-home job may seem overwhelming, but there are plenty of resources available online to help guide your search! Here's a further list of government and other compiled resources that you can use to find the right work from home job fit for you.
Legitimate Work-From Home Jobs – Department of Labor: https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/telework
Legitimate Online Jobs from Jobsy: https://resources.jobsy.co/legitimate-online-jobs
Legitimate Work From Home Opportunities – National Cyber Security Alliance: https://staysafeonline.org/blog/legitimate-work-from-home/.
Legitimate Ways To Make Money From Home – Forbes Advisor: https://www.forbesadvisor.com/ways_to_make_money_from_home/.
Legit Work From Home Healthcare Jobs You Can Do Now – The Balance Careers: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/legit-careers working from home in health care 1992941/.
Legitimate Freelance Platforms for Working from Home – The Muse: https://www.themuse.com /article /how -to -find -freelance -jobs
Flexible Jobs For College Students & Recent Grads That They Can Do from Their Dorm Room or Apartment– FlexJobs Blog:https:// www .flexjobs .com /blog /post /flexible -jobs -college -recent -grads/.
If you locate further resources that you consider worthy of being added to the list send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FreelanceWorkGuide/
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.